• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make Allowances for US spelling.

#1 User is offline   Shadow Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hi,

This is a really minor thing (well I guess it depends on who you're talking to), but for the preset topics could you make the programming to take allowances for US spelling?

For basic things such as "favourite" the Inf can't answer it if the user writes "favorite". Which means for things we've already answered we need to create a custom template for that. It's kind of redundant to do that after answering all the presets, and since there are a lot of US chatters (and Canadian ones who use US spelling) it sort of makes sense to me.

#2 Guest_Faith_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

Umm, you spell favorite without a 'u'. Lol This just doesnt look right obviously you can see that your not supposed to spell favorite like this :
Favourite!!! Just saying. But the whole thing makes complete sense to me, except my inf answers to mispelling ok. I think ,though, that there should be a template thing for those frazes that your infs may not know, and that they may give a 'can you refraze that' answer to, and makes you inf impleasant to talk to. I hope everyone takes what Shadow has to say, and actually listens to it! :)
Ty,
Faith :)

#3 User is offline   Shadow Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:45 AM

View PostFaith, on 19 April 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Umm, you spell favorite without a 'u'. Lol This just doesnt look right obviously you can see that your not supposed to spell favorite like this :
Favourite!!! Just saying. But the whole thing makes complete sense to me, except my inf answers to mispelling ok. I think ,though, that there should be a template thing for those frazes that your infs may not know, and that they may give a 'can you refraze that' answer to, and makes you inf impleasant to talk to. I hope everyone takes what Shadow has to say, and actually listens to it! :)
Ty,
Faith :)

<_< "Favourite" is the British/Canadian spelling for "favorite". Inf was made by a British company so if you look at the default templates they're all set to "favourite" instead of "favorite".

There's a reason why I asked allowances for US spelling.

#4 User is offline   blu Icon

• Pip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

View PostShadow, on 10 April 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Hi,

This is a really minor thing (well I guess it depends on who you're talking to), but for the preset topics could you make the programming to take allowances for US spelling?

For basic things such as "favourite" the Inf can't answer it if the user writes "favorite". Which means for things we've already answered we need to create a custom template for that. It's kind of redundant to do that after answering all the presets, and since there are a lot of US chatters (and Canadian ones who use US spelling) it sort of makes sense to me.

well...you don't have to make another template you can include it all in one
for example:
#: my {favourite/favourite/fav} sport is *

#5 Guest_trubesch_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

I think this is an excellent suggestion. Inf.net is pretty good at tolerating bad spelling, but I think these common English differences should be but into the "Classroom" section because users can't change those set questions.

#6 User is offline   Francishern Icon

• Pip
  • LocationFreetown

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:17 AM

But this is exactly the point, to be an Advent Calendar, not an Allyear Calendar.
The presents are for Christmas, you dont receive presents everyday in your real life, do you?
Хороший торрент трекер, скачать игры, фильмы, музыку через торрент клиент More info!

#7 User is offline   Gerald-trezvy-voditeltal Icon

• Pip
  • Locationтрезвый водитель

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

for those of you who have trouble spelling, try this ................aocdrndicg to rsceearch at Cmabgride Uinervtisy, it dsenot mtaetr waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny ipromatnt thing is taht the frist and lsat lteetr be in the rghit pclae, this is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. if you can raed this, psot it to yuor wall - olny 55 of plepoe can

#8 User is offline   Jerrycaf Icon

• Pip
  • LocationElvas

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

I dont really care for this idea. This is because, once you choose to remove the items from the box; wouldnt it be scattered anyway?

#9 User is offline   Witmarksoula Icon

• PipPip

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

I'm all good with ignore command but would it be possible to make ignoring some keywords such as "ss", "gank", "heal"... ?
<a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrZgHqhrkuQukmJuhJZoxCw>Смотреть мультик Вспыш и чудо машинки</a>

#10 User is offline   Smooth Icon

• PipPip
  • Locationmaildglasse

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

Its an archaic old time spelling...you wont get any As in english using it...or a job in journalism.

Очень интересный и красивый сайт
http://transfer-yar.ru

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Inf.net About the project Blog Help Support