Forum: Plug Ins (list of possible imputs) - Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plug Ins (list of possible imputs) To make responses more variable.

#1 User is offline   fasttrapper Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:09 AM

Some AI engines have plug ins. A plug in might go like this:

$ Where are you from?
# I am from (location)

$ What kind of music do you like?
# I like (music)

Then there would be either a personal plug in list (user created) or a shared one for anyone that th AI Engine could pull and select one of the inputs at random.

(location) {Seattle,New York,Canada,Tim Buck Too, The South Side} etc.
(music) {folk, classical, rock, R&B, Pop, Rap} etc.

I think this would give tremendous power to the dialogue possibilities.

#2 User is offline   metti2312 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

Are you talking about the tool that's called variables here?

#3 User is offline   fasttrapper Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

Similar yes, but different. Instead of listing a few variables in a single reply you can make a data set and entitle it. Then when you are writing replies to various imputs you can the plug in the imputs drawn at random from you data set. The data set could be as few as 5 or as many as 30. Do you have a pet? yes I have a (pettype)

(pettype)= {dog,cat,mule,donkey,python,leopard,dinosaur,monkey,mouse,fish,shark,rock,man eating plant,gremlin}.

Then later, if you want to include the same data set in a response some where else to another topic, you can draw from this data set at any time. Maybe even have data sets that can be shared by any user.

#4 User is offline   metti2312 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

I don't really see it how I can use it. I think I'll need to think it over more. Perhaps the project developers will pick up your idea soon.

#5 User is offline   fasttrapper Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:28 AM

Not my original idea. The AI engine at Personality Forge uses a system like that and it's awesome and it's uses are far reaching. Especially with the ability for users to share from a common bank.

#6 Guest_Rachel Lynn H._*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

I don't like the AI engine at Personality Forge. It required too much hard work. I prefer ones like Alice she's a smart bot.

#7 Guest_Rachel Lynn H._*

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

View PostRachel Lynn H., on 01 May 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

I don't like the AI engine at Personality Forge. It required too much hard work. I prefer ones like Alice she's a smart bot.

If we used a personality script like Alice's, our bots will have better developed personalities with a lot less work. :)

#8 Guest_Lucius_*

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

Alice bots are very good at self learning, but they are completely reliant on what information they get from talking unless you know how to code in AIML, otherwise you have to repeatedly talk to it just to make it more likely to say one thing.
I have seen 3 different Alice bots, one was very abusive which barely hid the fact it had little to say, one was quite good with the odd completely random sentence that simply doesn't have a reason to be there, and the last one didn't seem to want to learn at all.

The best one was 3 years old and lived in a chat room, I don't want to wait 3 years before I can have a decent conversation.

(My inf is 1 day old as of today -check post date- please have a look, his name is NiHiLiSt so there should be no problems with finding him among other names)

And I like the idea of data lists that can be grabbed from anywhere, so instead of having to have multiple replies to one sentence just to keep it original, you can add something like:

set #idk { no idea what you mean | I'm still learning but haven't learnt what that means. | What does that mean? | This topic has gone off in a direction I didn't expect. }

set #changetopic { Lets talk about jokes | Can we chat about your interests? | I'd rather be chatting about games }

set #idkjoke { Was that a punchline? | Are you telling me a joke or replying to mine? | If that was a joke I didn't get it. }

(if subject unknown) say #idk #changetopic
(if previous subject jokes) say #idk #idkjoke

maybe you could add that into an advanced editor? so people can change it like that if they wish, but isn't needed. And also the subject if's could be expanded on so that it would reply a certain way if the previous or pre-previous words were a certain word.

if (do you want to hear a joke?) { reply #telljoke
if (statement ends with ?) { reply I don't know, (user joke repeat)
if (statement ends with !) { reply I love it! I'll have to tell others (user joke repeat joke end repeat)
if (statement has no/don't tell/secret/my joke) { reply ok I won't tell it anyone else, but thanks for telling me! }
else { set #joke1 (user joke) | set #punchline1 (user punchline) }
}
}
}

the indentations mean that the previous if has to be true for it to keep talking along that path. the style is only for visual purposes, I don't know how you would implement it to the inf classroom.

I hope that wasn't too confusing to read, I'm fairly used to that style because of a chat bot program I write.
(only a basic trigger bot for games, nothing like the level of complexity needed for a full conversation)

so anyway, the long and short of it is:

1 setting variable replies that can be intermingled easily in one reply is a good idea.
2 more acces to the path depth a conversation can take.
3 (an advanced button in the classroom so that it doesn't have to be used at all)
4 (with an advanced access version there will be more chance of problems, so possibly a reset feature in there too.)

#9 Guest_Lucius_*

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:41 AM

it wiped my spaces, it should have looked like this.

if (do you want to hear a joke?) { reply #telljoke
--if (statement ends with ?) { reply I don't know, (user joke repeat)
----if (statement ends with !) { reply I love it! I'll have to tell others (user joke repeat joke end repeat)
------if (statement has no/don't tell/secret/my joke) { reply ok I won't tell it anyone else, but thanks for telling me! }
------else { set #joke1 (user joke) | set #punchline1 (user punchline) }
----}
--}
}

#10 User is offline   Pavel Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:28 AM

View PostLucius, on 27 July 2010 - 05:37 AM, said:

so anyway, the long and short of it is:

1 setting variable replies that can be intermingled easily in one reply is a good idea.
2 more acces to the path depth a conversation can take.
3 (an advanced button in the classroom so that it doesn't have to be used at all)
4 (with an advanced access version there will be more chance of problems, so possibly a reset feature in there too.)

Hello Lucius! Thank you for your suggestions. We'll certainly consider them in our future updates.

#11 User is offline   metti2312 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

View PostPavel, on 26 July 2010 - 10:28 PM, said:

Hello Lucius! Thank you for your suggestions. We'll certainly consider them in our future updates.

Hope they'll be more frequent. Thanks for the filter, by the way. It's really useful.

#12 User is offline   cruizacuarm Icon

• Pip

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Is it possible to add Twitter to the Profile setups for users?

So we can add out Twitter to our SSWT Profiles, just like we do webpages, and IM Apps?

That would make it much easier to find a Twitter for all of these really cool inspiring people who are members of SSWT.

#13 User is offline   Gerald-trezvy-voditeltal Icon

• Pip
  • Locationтрезвый водитель

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

that would be great if my schedule was always open but its not. I can try but i cant make a promise that i can be on at that time. I can try a general list of times but i dont want someone being mad because i couldnt be there when my list said i would be.

#14 User is offline   Witmarksoula Icon

• PipPip

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

Just to add, its possible to emit sound with vanilla CC, but its very limited using noteblocks; its really hard to approximate human voice with musical notes.
<a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrZgHqhrkuQukmJuhJZoxCw>Смотреть мультик Вспыш и чудо машинки</a>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Inf.net About the project Blog Help Support